Job DescriptionThis has the potential to be a remote work-from-home opportunity for the right candidate. Primary office location is Maryland Heights, MO.
This position is responsible for managing the delivery of member and provider services and management of the call center. This includes planning, developing and implementing member and provider communications and education programs, services and materials. The role will investigate and resolve account concerns and interact with other departments for a smooth flow of communications. This position is also accountable for developing, mentoring, training and retaining staff.
- Manages the care management center (CMC) and support services (if applicable) to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and customer requirements.
- Measures performance and productivity against the standards. Ensure the call center is meeting telephone access standard for Magellan.
- Plans and designs management reports on customer and support services data.
- Analyzes data to include identification of trends/ patterns and prepare findings and recommendations.
- Implements recommendations as required. Articulate goals and action plans (when in place) to key staff.
- Recruits, hires, coordinates training, counsels, and evaluates performance.
- Develops professional development plans for their staff when appropriate, terminate employees.
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors specific policies and procedures.
- Interprets and implements corporate policies, procedures and performance standards as they impact on the department.
- Plans and conducts internal audits to ensure compliance and uniformity, where appropriate.
- Manages the complaint and grievance process including the review, response development by appropriate management staff and reporting to the corporate office on all complaints and grievances.
- Responds to department-specific verbal and written complaints and grievances as required.
- Manages the department?s customer/support services quality improvement programs to ensure member and provider satisfaction.
- In collaboration with corporate office management, develops survey instrument and data collection devices; manage the conducting of survey, data collection and analysis, preparation of findings and recommendations; and coordination of reporting to the RSC and corporate offices.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of new accounts, programs, products and services, initiate and develop short and long range plans for department, and participate in the development of corporate and strategic plans.
- For ongoing and future programs, products and services, plans, develops and implements member and provider communication materials as required.
- Plans and prepares introductory letters/correspondence to members, providers and employers; Coordinate with business clients for the development, review and distribution of materials to members and providers.
- In collaboration with the Training and Customer/Support Services Department, plans and develops training programs on specific programs, products, benefits and business client computer systems for new department staff.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Customer Care - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/25/2019
Date Requisition Created6/24/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Management/Leadership
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct management service in a call center environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of call center management principles, practice, methods and techniques, including performance metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of provider relations or network development.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing communication and education programs/materials.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing new business accounts, programs, products or services in healthcare industry.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More