Senior Contracts Manager, Magellan Federal
Radcliff KY 40160 1003A N. Wilson Road
Job DescriptionResponsible for day-to-day contract administration for U.S. Government contracts. This position is responsible for aspects of contract compliance, conflict of interest oversight, and operational compliance. Interacts with all areas of the AFSC/Magellan Federal organization, including finance, logistics, purchasing, security and other functional areas to coordinate delivery of contracted services.
- Manages assigned contract related matters including review of and current contract modifications, assessing and reviewing requests for equitable adjustments, claims and AFSC/Magellan Federal responses to contractual issues.
- Oversees and administers contracts in accordance with customer and contractually-required deliverables and FAR requirements.
- Maintains contract file documentation in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements and company policy.
- Obtains internal reviews and approvals in accordance with company policies.
- Participates in program reviews and interfaces with program team and recommends contract approaches for business matters.
- Maintains accurate record of government furnished property and contractor acquired property in accordance with FAR and contract requirements.
- Develops risk mitigation strategies when required to meet customer requirements with unclear/incomplete contractual relationships.
- Tracks performance under prime contracts, ensuring compliance with all contract requirements.
- Supports Business Development in opportunity evaluation and proposal development to achieve business growth objectives.
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Serves as focal point for communication and resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Negotiates contracts and amendments with U.S. Government and prime contract customers
General Job Information
TitleSenior Contracts Manager, Magellan Federal
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/27/2019
Date Requisition Created6/27/2019
Work ExperienceContract Administration and Management, Military/Government
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a business related field is required.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible customer facing contracts administration experience as either a prime or first tier subcontractor.
Demonstrated advanced experience with public sector financial/contractual analysis and negotiations including risk arrangements.
5+ years of Contract Administration and Management working as a contracts administrator subject to Federal and Defense Acquisition Regulations.
- 2+ years of experience managing contracts subject to the Service Contract Act (SCA).
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) vehicles, and federal reporting requirements.
- Experience managing various types of subcontracts including indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Time & Material (T&M), and Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP).
- Strong government service contracts experience.
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, customers, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Master's degree a plus.
- Prior U.S. Government Contracting Officer experience highly desired.
Certification by professional organization is a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you