Emergency Case Manager/IDS Coordinator, FFSP
New Orleans LA 70119 Fed 2601 Tulane Avenue
Job DescriptionSupports Navy Fleet and Family Support Programs, a central delivery system for service member and family support through the installation’s and region’s Individual Deployment Support and Emergency Case Management Support Programs.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with installation and community support organizations.
- Monitors and provides quarterly quality assurance review of Individual Deployment Support and/or case management services within designated area of responsibility.
- Ensures effective marketing and outreach of individual deployment support and case management services within designated area of responsibility.
- Operates as part of a larger system with continual communication with CNIC, N1 and local military installations, keeping in touch with changes and additions to resources and policies.
- Ensures Individual Deployment Support specialists within designated area of responsibility are aware of changes in resources and deployment support requirements.
- Provides standardized Individual Augmentee (IA) family case management IAW CNIC Individual Deployment Support Desk Guide when workload permits.
- Provides individual and family emergency case management services as workload permits.
- Supports the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
General Job Information
TitleEmergency Case Manager/IDS Coordinator, FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/5/2019
Date Requisition Created7/5/2019
Work ExperienceProject/Program Management
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science or related field, a combination of bachelor’s education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, OR four years equivalent experience in a social science or related field.
- 2 years’ experience providing program management or oversight of case management or advocacy services required.
- A broad range of specialized work experience including: working with family programs, military or civilian social service agencies, and/or is a military family member with full understanding of the military lifestyle.
- Strong oral and written communication, assessment, data management, and advocacy skills are required.
- Advocacy knowledge, skills, and abilities such as: working knowledge of state, federal, and local resources, as well as understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for sailors and family members from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic background.
- Prior experience supporting the Navy FFSP contract.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.