Senior Director, Pharmacy Rebate Operations
Virginia, United States Minor Outlying Islands
Job DescriptionTo administer and manage the commercial pharmacy rebate management program, working with multiple pharmaceutical manufactures and commercial health plans. Also responsible to work closely with public sector and specialty rebate drug programs to form a comprehensive drug rebate program. Responsible for commercial rebate revenue, health plan payments, reconciliations and data integrity.
- Establishes oral rebate program ensuring sufficient pharma contracts in place to cover 90% of rebate drug spend.
- Relationship management with drug manufacturers, building and strengthening opportunities through contract negotiations, collaboration on drug pricing, contract exclusions, and rebate rates.
- Develops and oversees the process for receiving medical and pharmacy claims data, compiling and providing statistical information and financial reporting to pharmaceutical manufacturers and internal resources for revenue recognition and health plan payables.
- Ensures reconciliation of market share, utilization and data integrity issues and negotiate with external rebate partners to resolve any conflicts.
- Supervises analysis staff in the data integrity, timely collection of data from multiple sources, compilation of reports and timely processing of the workflow, provide pricing analysis for rebate guarantee programs, provide rebate trend analysis.
- Reviews all contracts and contract addenda for Medical, Pharma and Health Plans.
- Builds successful relationships with internal customers (e.g., Sales, product, account management, Corporate Accounting).
- Creates effective rebate specific financial forecasts and annual budget figures.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Pharmacy Rebate Operations
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/1/2019
Date Requisition Created7/1/2019
Work ExperiencePharmacy Rebate Management
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceuticals.
- Experience with PBM Rebate management.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Access as well as other database applications.
- Experience in pharmaceutical healthcare and experience with PBM rebate programs.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you