Senior Director, Sales
Job DescriptionResponsible for planning, increasing and expanding business opportunities in the market and selling Magellan products in an assigned geographical territory and/or market segment. This includes direct solicitation, broker/consultant management, solicitation and response to RFPs, and competitive market positioning. Responsible for the development and execution of Magellan's marketing and sales strategies necessary to grow profitable and sustainable membership.
- Solicits new business through targeted and focused sales strategies.
- Develops, implements, and executes sales strategies that will result in meeting Magellan's growth and earnings targets.
- Meets assigned new business targets.
- Responds to incoming RFPs and RFIs.
- Accountable for end product delivered to prospect.
- Drives development of competitive responses to business proposals and presentations, including company and product positioning, in addition to development and positioning of Magellan's value proposition.
- Responsible for sales cycle of bid process, including finalists presentations and site visits.
- Cultivates strong relationships with brokers and consultants.
- Develops and maintains an accurate database of prospect information; including the tracking and progress of lead generation activities.
- Provides Marketing and Underwriting Departments with competitive information and market perception of Magellan based on factual and founded.
- May be required to lead a team of sales professionals.
- Participates in additional sales related activities at the direction of leadership.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Sales
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/2/2019
Date Requisition Created7/2/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities-Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).-Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.-Ability to work within a fast-paced, time sensitive and results oriented environment. -Ability to influence individuals, not under your direct control, to perform at peak performance levels.10+ years healthcare / managed care sales experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you