Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a remote IRIS Nurse Consultant who lives in the state of Wisconsin, with preference to candidates who live in the Milwaukee or Madison, WI area.
The IRIS Nurse Consultant provides clinical consultation when medical expertise is needed for any of the IRIS Consultant Agencies (ICAs) regarding individuals in IRIS, not just those that are receiving SDPC services. The Nurse Consultant complies with the program requirements set forth by the Department of Health Services (DHS) and the Wisconsin Board of Nursing in keeping within scope of practice. In addition to providing consultation on individuals, the IRIS Nurse Consultant may be needed for trainings and other projects. This position requires travel to all areas of the state to provide training at each ICA depending on need.
- Assists with and triaging complex medical issues.
- Provides training and guidance to IRIS Consultant Agencies in relation to the health and safety of participant.
- Approves plans that request nursing services, assisting with complicated discharges from institutions.
- Reviews PDN cases.
- Interprets labs and tests, suggesting equipment for non-SDPC participants.
- Determines medical, dual eligible, skilled care needs, unsafe plans related to H&S, education/training to ICA staff on participant common health issues and safety.
- Provides consult to all IRIS participants including, but not limited to, those services specific to participation in the 1915j Self-Directed Medicaid Personal Care program as well as the 1915c waiver IRIS Waiver Program (ICA).
- Provides skilled care/Private Duty Nursing staff trainings, orientation to new IRIS Consultant Agencies on SDPC and the role of IRIS, and trains individuals on Standard Precautions, Communicable Diseases, Medical Considerations, Dual Eligibility, SSI Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care Projects.
- Trains on nurse delegation, common medical issues, and various disabilities.
- Assists with operational guideline development, and tracks, records and monitors ICA’s allotted consult hours while complying with all policies, rule and regulations.
General Job Information
TitleIRIS Nurse Consultant - Remote Wisconsin
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/2/2019
Date Requisition Created6/28/2019
Work ExperienceCase Management, Clinical, Training
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Current unrestricted license in the state of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 5 years of experience in nursing with at least one year of home health
- One year of hospital or clinical training
- Case management experience (with an MCO or home care entity) or one year of psychiatric nursing, experience managing complex medical situation with the PD, FE or ID/D population
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”