Director, Federal Program Management
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionResponsible for the daily operation of the assigned contract(s). Supports the contract through program management, deliverable completion, team supervision, and report completion. Acts as the on-site face to the customer; accountable for building day-to-day relationships with command leadership. Supports contract negotiations, contract renewals and RFP processes. Ensures that program staff are appropriately trained and understand all clinical and administrative policies and procedures. Ensures that standards are being properly upheld and procedures executed. Partners with resources to achieve business objectives, maintain account satisfaction, and ensure that products and services support customer needs while achieving acceptable margins.
- Develops strong relationships with key operational customers and stakeholders. Acts as a single point of contact for the supported program with onsite presence at customer location.
- Provides guidance for program activities including outreach, partnerships development, as well as marketing, media relations, public relations and issues management activities.
- Responsible for all contractual discussions and modifications. Identifies areas of contract improvement and enhancement. Fully versed in all aspects of the contract ensuring ongoing contract performance through risk management activities.
- Manages the program budget and keeps the agency informed of program dollars spent.
- Supervises company staff working onsite with the client, including hiring and training responsibility. Oversees the day-to-day clinical policies, procedures, and practice of staff and/or affiliate Counselors.
- Assures the delivery of quality consultative, clinical, and referral services, ensuring best practices are identified, shared and applied. Periodically reviews randomly selected case records for quality.
- Manages multiple projects in varying complexity and delivers outcomes on time and within budget. Identifies and tracks project dependencies and coordinates implementation. Identifies risks associated with the project and implements corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all reporting requirements of the contract are met.
- Consults with Government staff to prepare needs analysis initiatives, ad-hoc reports, program design/customizations, and effective measurements of services provided to solidify value.
- Assists client with program evaluations and tasks for senior leadership and Congress.
- Evaluates and identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Develops recommended future behavioral health program initiatives as requested.
- Partners with Government staff for all aspects of emergency clinical situations planning and communication.
- May manage Corrective Action Plan to remedy customer concerns.
- Coordinates with internal operations team to ensure contract runs successfully and to ensure consistency with company practices.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Federal Program Management
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/23/2019
Date Requisition Created6/23/2019
Work ExperienceClinical, Military, Project/Program Management
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Mental Health Services (Required), Bachelors: Public Health (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLCMFT - Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LSW - Licensed Social Worker - Care Mgmt, PSY - Psychologist - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Masters preferred.
- Extensive understanding of Military culture and protocols with Military experience or significant experience working in a Military service environment are preferred.
- Current state license or state certification to practice as a mental health practitioner.
- Knowledge of military health care, health insurance, mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Traumatic Event Management training.
- Graphic design skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mental Health or Public Health is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mental health services and 5+ years’ experience in program management/delivery.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage professional staff in large complex organizations.
- Understanding of the Military Health system and general knowledge and understanding of community resources.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and PDF applications. Advanced web-based communication skills required.
- Superior writing, editing, analytical and proofreading abilities. Strong command of the English language required.
- Well-developed skills in program management, communications, reporting, metric tracking and public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others to collaborate. Ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Must be able to accurately present information and materials in a professional manner.
- Excels in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with an ability to maintain critical and strategic thinking and consultation skills. Flawless execution is a priority.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to produce quantifiable business results.
- Able and willing to align behaviors to meet the needs of working in 24 X 7 X 365 work setting.
- Must be eligible for secret clearance.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.