Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionIndependently performs quality functions within the Quality Department of a Care Center or office. Coordinates projects resulting in continuous quality improvement and process improvement. Supports the maintenance of a strong quality program, measured processes and reported outcomes.
- Coordinates assigned quality and process improvement activities which may include accreditation support, process improvement projects, quality studies, CQI (continuous quality improvement) process training for staff, prevention program coordination, care coordination initiatives, satisfaction survey coordination and follow-up, provider and member advisory groups, tracking of adverse incidents. monitoring of performance guarantees, provider profiling support, and CAPs and customer related quality initiatives.
- Conducts quality control reviews and internal audits.
- Summarizes findings and prepare reports on findings.
- Assists in the preparation of customer audits.
- Conducts analyses of data findings for quality and process improvement and assists in report preparation for internal and external customers.
- Supports assigned quality committees and work groups through comprehensive project management ensuring that documentation is accurate and timely, agenda items presented and follow-up actions taken.
General Job Information
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/22/2019
Date Requisition Created6/22/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 1-3 years of quality improvement and auditing or related in healthcare field.
- Knowledge of healthcare quality improvement processes and performance measurement.
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines and timelines.
- High degree of organization required.
- Expertise in data management, data analysis, reporting word processing, and project management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VISIO and MS Project.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you