Personnel Computer Support Technician
Dyess AFB TX 79607 Fed 697 Louisiana Dr
Job DescriptionPerforms systems management for Air Force Human Resources (HR) automated systems that support both the Military Personnel Flight (MPF) and Civilian Personnel Flight, including the Military Personnel Data System (MILPDS) and Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS). Performs the following functions:
- System Administration and Performance: Provides system administration, security and problem solving for MILPDS, verifies Defense Joint Military Pay Systems (DJMS) transactions, and performs MILPDS and DCPDS transaction register/database analysis. Serves as Base Administrator for the Personnel Records Display Application (PRDA) dashboard to the Automated Records Management System (ARMS). Provides system administration and problem solving for web-based DCPDS applications (Priority Placement Program and Workers Compensation Program). Performs Client Support Administrator duties to configuring new computers for initial operation, installing hardware and software, troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software defects/problems, maintaining user network/email accounts, processing AFCERT updates and performing PC virus detection and eradication. Submits requirements for new user ID and password for all supported programs. Manages and monitors Civilian Personnel Section web page inputs.
- Computer Security: Provides computer security by managing computer systems and associated security programs.
- Modernization and Training: Provides support for modernization and training initiatives, including planning and implementation of MILPDS and DCPDS at the local level.
- Equipment Management: Performs user account creation and maintenance; user training, and support with respect to software and hardware installation. Provides information and informal computer-related training for all MILPDS and DCPDS users. Maintains the computers and peripherals listed in the automated data processing equipment (ADPE) account, reports software problems and processes hardware or software procedural enhancements. Maintains MMPA access through local FMO to monitor, train, and coordinate corrective actions for all DMJS rejects with appropriate work centers.
- Product Support: Processes non-routine queries, schedules automated products for all PDS applications, performs transaction register/database analysis tasks, and builds and maintains MILPDS local tables for non-routine (ad hoc) report queries. Creates and maintains the MPS and CPS web pages. Manages and monitors inputs for MPS and CPS web pages using platform and software as determined by local Government representative.
General Job Information
TitlePersonnel Computer Support Technician
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/25/2019
Date Requisition Created6/25/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredSecret Security Clearance - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.