Job DescriptionWe are able to offer this position as a 100% remote opportunity with the ability to work from home from anywhere in the US. This position will provide technical leadership for the entire infrastructure engineering team to build systems utilizing automation, resiliency, and flexibility. Define the strategy that drives the infrastructure and services that let product service teams quickly and safely iterate and experiment with features across many public and private deployments. Coach/lead the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team as well as providing administrative support. Ensure technical currency is maintained within the infrastructure offerings. Be a hands-on engineer who can build resilient infrastructure both on premise or in the Cloud, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Work with customer to define epics and refine requirements into actionable stories. Maintain financial plans for Capital and Operational expenses for projects and teams. Manage 24x7x365 days of staff coverage.
- Sets team goals and prioritizes tasks to align with company and department objectives. Communicates these goals to team members.
- Measures progress and results of team performance.
- Ensures that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between Database Administrators, Leads, and Supervisors, and ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Manages all aspects of team staffing including hiring, employee retention, employee development and training.
- Assesses and evaluates individual capabilities using clear and consistent performance standards. Provides feedback and coaching to staff both formally and informally.
- Coordinates, guides and mentors project management efforts performed by staff to ensure all tasks are completed successfully and on time.
- Assists staff in maintaining constant communication with customers, both internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Acts as liaison to assigned SBUs and management team to stay abreast of changing departmental needs.
- Provides status reports to Management as appropriate, highlighting risks and issues.
- Assists with budget preparation and management
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Consulting Infrastructure Engineer (Remote)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/25/2019
Date Requisition Created6/10/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of related experience including a minimum of 5+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure infrastructure systems in IT, experience working with Agile Methods and modern data center and cloud environments.
- Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- 2 or more certifications of the following: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you