Job DescriptionDirects and supports the execution of product and market-specific strategies and plans that enhance revenue growth. Understands the competitive environment and dynamics affecting assigned Magellan products and services. Monitors and reports on the market dynamics affecting the business interests and goals of the Magellan. Maintains and further develops a range of relationships with influencers, decision makers and other stakeholders. Drives the strategic direction and support efforts to retain, build, and develop targeted business. Key member behind the process of identifying, evaluating, building and implementing new business opportunities that build significant revenue and segment profit.
- Develops new growth by qualifying customers as sales or expansion targets, identifying decision makers and developing sales strategy, confirming sales and transitioning contracting to Legal and leadership. May assist with RFP responses and contract language as needed.
- Maintains key relationships. Supports the sales and network teams by maintaining important relationships with the leadership of key strategic business partners. Works to expand relationships with existing contracted providers to create more meaningful, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Consults with Implementation team for flawless strategic partnership implementation and execution of pull through strategy.
- Creates innovative ideas to promote strategic partnership sales and upsells.
- Assists with new marketing strategies by supporting value proposition development and the executive management team in new product development; partners with marketing team to develop sales materials as needed.
- Assists Finance with annual budgeting and forecasting by supplying estimated sales targets, likelihood of sale, and revenue size. Partner with Finance on new approaches to pricing and client savings modeling.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Business Development, Health Plans (Remote)
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/18/2019
Date Requisition Created6/18/2019
Work ExperienceHealth Plans, Marketing
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCCM - Certified Case Manager - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a health plan clinical management operations role.
- Familiarity with care coordination, utilization, and quality/HEDIS data.
- 6+ years related healthcare industry business development.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you