Job DescriptionResponsible for the accuracy and integrity of financial data related to Corporate and/or SBUs. This position will work with various departments within the company as well with employees within the finance department.
- Ownership of actual versus budget analysis including detailed explanations of the drivers of variances.
- Applies underwriting procedures to new and existing business.
- Meets deadlines and assists with the fulfillment of financial requirements for RFPs which entails review, analysis, development of underwriting models and documentation, periodic recalibration and updating of underwriting model assumptions and cost drivers.
- Develops and owns underwriting policies and guidance and collaborates with the SBU and Corporate Underwriting on both strategic direction and underwriting parameters to be considered within the process.
- Prepares and synthesizes detailed cost models for a varying audience, including operational business partners.
- Interprets operational metrics and leverages current and prospective performance trends in analysis.
- Collaborates with Sales, Account Management, Operational leads and SBU finance partners to develop accurate cost models.
- Understands and leverages operational and business workflows in cost modeling.
- Supports the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Special projects/ad hoc analysis as requested by management.
- Analysis related to actual expenditures versus budget including detailed explanations.
- Collaborating with Operations Leaders to develop and quantify cost reduction initiatives and tracking their specific progress.
- Review and Report Key Performance Indicators (metrics) and assess their progress and improvement.
- Staffing development for specific operational models and programs.
- Develops the annual budget/plan which includes staffing and non-labor related expenditures, as well as performance metrics that support staffing levels.
- Develops Forecasting models to identify future staffing and non-labor expenditures.
- Develops Magellan Healthcare Operation's Five-Year operational model.
- Develops operational workflows that will support the cost modeling required to support the Administrative Cost Underwriting process for both existing and new products.
- Develops Return-on-Investment (ROI) analysis for various current operational workflows and platforms as well as the assessment of new systems.
The support for the Administrative Cost Underwriting process will be a principal responsibility and includes:
Oversees financial aspects of the administrative underwriting process.
Principal activities include reviewing and analyzing Request for Proposals (RFPs) to identify all program, service and financial requirements, developing and completing underwriting models for RFPs, periodically recalibrating current underwriting models to account for current or, at times, prospective operational workflows and metrics, owning the underwriting policy and guidance as leveraged by Operations Finance and collaborating with the business leads on the development of administrative underwriting models related to new products and solutions.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Manager, Finance - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/18/2019
Date Requisition Created6/18/2019
EducationBachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office product suite, specifically Excel (Advanced User).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Operations Leaders to learn and understand the detailed operational process and, from this understanding, develop operational workflows that would support both Cost Modeling and the overall Administrative Cost Underwriting Process.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you