EAP Consultant - FOH
Alexandria VA 22302 FOH
Job DescriptionMust have clinical license in state of Virginia at the independent level. Provides direct support to organizations and their employees through the delivery of assessment, consultation, education and triage services. Uses knowledge of federal regulations to assist organizations in their appropriate handling of employee concerns and problems. Consults with employees and organizations on variety of workplace and work based issues. Provides clinical expertise in order to restore employees with diminished performance to healthy functioning.
- Provides employee consultation related to specific personal problems and concerns. Provides crisis assessment and intervention as needed.
- Completes clinical and administrative documentation and required forms in a clear and concise manner. Manages caseload and other tasks to meet both qualitative and quantitative performance expectations.
- Provides behavioral health assessments, accurate clinical diagnoses, and referral to appropriate level of care. Provides expert consultation to employees and/or supervisors on a variety of workplace and work based issues. Provides information and referral to community resources as appropriate. Provides clinical consultation/staffing in absence of EAP Manager.
- Participates in activities as requested that help improve SBU and/or client performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participate in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule to aid in better serving its members and help Magellan achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists in efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Must have clinical license at the independent level in state of Virginia
General Job Information
TitleEAP Consultant - FOH
Job FamilyUSPS - FOH Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/14/2019
Date Requisition Created6/13/2019
Work ExperienceClinical, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EducationMasters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCurrent licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LCSW-C - Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician. - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - PreferredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
Education: MA/MS Field of Study: Behavioral Health Profession
Experience: 5-8 years Employee Assistance Programs. Minimum 5 years of post-masters clinical experience.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.: Virginia State licensure at independent practitioner level; CEAP Certification preferred.
Other: Requires excellent organizational skills to effectively manage EAP services in district. Requires comfort with public speaking and presentations. Requires flexibility in responding to high-profile requests and emergent situations. Requires the ability to incorporate input from a diverse work group in implementing services. Requires knowledge of multiple account nuances and benefit structures and plans. Requires knowledge and expertise in solution-focused, brief counseling. Requires knowledge of substance abuse issues. Requires knowledge of and expertise in providing consultation. Requires computer proficiency and typing skills. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications. Requires business travel and flexibility in traveling to locations within the district.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.