Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionResponsible for locating and selecting the best source of supply for items required by Magellan. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers Drafts and issues purchase orders consistent with company policies and procedures for the procurement of assigned commodities. Negotiates local agreements where applicable.
- Organizes and manages commodity goods and services as assigned to the position.
- Compiles and analyzes trends in prices and supply, and communicates this information as required.
- Maintains material specifications and standards and keeps abreast of information on prices and market conditions.
- Maintains a cost reduction program for purchasing activities.
- Negotiates agreements and selects suppliers based on price, delivery and quality of materials and services.
- Reviews company requirements for materials/ services and sources these items from the appropriate vendors.
- Works with vendors to create business relationships and approves vendors as sources of supply for Magellan
- Insures that materials and services are of the quality, lowest price, and will be delivered within the required lead times.
- Reviews requests received for conformance to company policy and to applicable standards and contracts.
- Prepares and issues requests for quotations/proposals to approved suppliers.
- Analyzes and evaluates quotations and proposals received from suppliers.
- Processes requisitions, researches products, clarifies specifications, and documents all competitive bidding per company policy.
- Ensures the timely placement of purchase orders and provides necessary follow-up and expediting to ensure timely delivery of materials and/or services.
- As required, reviews invoices with accounts payable where price or terms do not agree with the purchase order.
- Controls disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
General Job Information
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/11/2019
Date Requisition Created6/11/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- A.P.P. or C.P.M. certification preferred
- Familiarity with standard commercial purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must know/learn purchasing laws, rules, and procedures and understand detailed specifications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.