Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 125
Job DescriptionResponsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving non-payment and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
- Reviews open accounts for collection efforts.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding metrics for accounts contacted and balances reviewed.
- Makes outbound collection calls and/or emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collects customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identifies issues attributing to account delinquency and discusses them with appropriate team members and/or management.
- Reviews and monitors assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports. Provides activity reports to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Provides timely follow-up on payment arrangements. Accountable for collecting payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Mails correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Faxes documents to accounts and effectively follows up to accelerate the collection process.
- Other duties as assigned by management. Duties may vary depending on SBU supported.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/17/2019
Date Requisition Created5/15/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Comfortable with dispute resolution.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you