Job DescriptionMagellan is looking for a Jr Oracle DBA with 6-24 months of experience. This position has the potential to remote down the road, but the first couple of months would need to be in our offices in either St. Louis, MO or Glen Allen, VA.
Duties to include:
- Supporting Magellan's Pharmacy benefit management system and backed databases.
- User Management
- Capacity Planning ( storage and compute)
- Backup/Restore of Database
- Experience with Unix shell scripting a plus
- Incident / Access ticket management
This position will configure, test, deploy and support scalable, secure and resilient Infrastructure components in one technology area (Virtual Servers, Storage and backups, Databases, Operating System, Network and Telephony ), On-Premise or in the Cloud. Supports execution of day to day tasks. Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
- Performs daily database and database application support which includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff coverage, Oracle and application server administration.
- Assists with all duties related to on-going operational database infrastructure on premise and in the cloud.
- Creates and maintains database objects.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves failed tasks or database issues. May create database, assign permissions and resolve connectivity issues.
- Monitors database storage allocation and usage daily as well as other resource usage.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
- Deploys code and data changes.
- Exports/Imports data and data replication.
General Job Information
TitleJr. Oracle DBA (Remote)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/6/2019
Date Requisition Created5/28/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas/certifications: Windows Server Admin (Active Directory, Windows Server), Linux Server Admin (AIX), Storage (NAS, SAN), Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR ), Network (Cisco certifications), Telephony (...) and AWS SysOPS certification, AWS Solutions architect associate certification.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technology.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you