Lead Clinical Pharmacy Technician
Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionPlays a key role in medical and pharmacy management initiatives critical to the company achieving revenue goals and operational objectives. Responsible for executing specialty injectable utilization management programs on behalf of health plan/payor customers. Often the first point of contact that a providers office has when initiating an authorization for injectable or infused product. Requires communication and teamwork across all departments (Account Management, Specialty Pharmacy, IT, Project Management, Quality), as well as health plan/payor departments (medical management, pharmacy management) and an in-depth understanding of all specialty injectable therapeutic classes, products, trends, current management techniques and industry guidelines.
- Provides outstanding customer service while also achieving department performance metrics.
- In addition to the Utilization Management duties, this role serves as the UM/CS functional expert.
- Uses expertise to aid others in issues which cannot be resolved or the amount of time involved in resolving the issue is anticipated to be excessive.
- Provides assistance and coaching to other clinical pharmacy technicians when they require help in servicing a call.
- Identifies individual clinical pharmacy technician training needs and work to address these needs. Act as a mentor to other clinical pharmacy technicians.
- Assists in the monitoring and auditing staff calls to ensure accuracy and professionalism.
- Assists the Supervisor in completing special projects as deemed necessary.
General Job Information
TitleLead Clinical Pharmacy Technician
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/22/2019
Date Requisition Created4/22/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Pharmacy
EducationAssociates: Pharmacy (Required), Bachelors: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
- PTCB: Certification or the ability to obtain PTCB Certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification/registration exam may substitute state certification/registration for the PTCB.
- Specialty or retail pharmacy industry experience, previous reimbursement experience, and/or working in a health plan/health care setting.
- In-depth knowledge of specialty injectable prescription drugs, disease states, health plan formulary management techniques, medical terminology and current diagnostic and reimbursement coding (J/Q codes, ICD-9, CMS 1500, etc.).
- Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications, as well as MS Office Product Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow clinical criteria and instructions to approve prior authorization requests.
- Minimum of 2 years dispensing or retail experience required, or equivalent internal training will be substituted. 5+ years of experience in comparable role in a high-volume, multi-functional call center environment.
- Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you