Job DescriptionThe client analytics director is responsible for leading the development of analytics for assigned customers. Works across business areas as the primary focal point to lead the development of analytics for assigned customers. The role delivers custom analytics around program performance, cost of care drivers and new product opportunities to major clients and sales prospects including acting as data expert for applicable products. Serves as analytics consultant to health plan executive leadership teams.
- Provides consultation and data insights on cost of care and program performance to internal and external executive level audiences.
- Works directly with Account Management to analyze and deliver client results highlighting program value and performance.
- Analyzes claims data to deliver analytic insights for sales prospects.
- Coordinates with internal reporting functions to maximize the use of data in support of the client(s) and ensure consistency in reporting.
- In collaboration with Finance, analyzes internal cost of care variances and emerging care trends.
- Partners with Underwriting as data and market SME for pricing and evaluation of new product opportunities.
- Completion of duties requires travel comprising 10-20% of time.
- Participates and leads (as appropriate) development of internal and external analytical tools to better manage the specialty business and support the client.
- Collaborates as a data/product SME on changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure.
General Job Information
TitleCustomer Analytics Director - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/29/2019
Date Requisition Created5/17/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- SQL, database and data visualization knowledge desirable.
- Previous analytics experience with one or more products: Behavioral Health, Radiology, Cardiology, MSK, Physical Medicine or Radiation Oncology desirable.
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Finance or similar.
- Experience monitoring medical costs and trends in a managed care, healthcare or insurance industry.
- Experience using a data driven approach to highlight and identify product opportunities.
- Proven ability to work in cross functional teams to deliver on customer needs.
- Demonstrated experience in computer systems.
- Ability to prioritize and negotiate deliverables in a faced-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills while sharing complex healthcare analytics information.
- Proven ability to deliver analytics and insights to executive level audience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.