Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionPerforms prospective and/or retrospective drug utilization review and appeals per State and Federal regulations. Participates in the distribution of clinical drug information and educates providers and staff regarding the use of pharmaceutical treatment regimens. Complies with all corporate and facility standard operating procedures, policies, guidelines, and work instructions.
- Provides prior-authorization services for formulary drugs, develops programs to provide optimal pharmacy care to patients, participates in drug utilization review programs, reviews assessment and documentation of patient care, and retrospective reviews of provider reimbursement. Makes recommendations to physicians and other prescribers on medication regimens as per plan guidelines. Assists providers to ensure accurate dispensing and billing of products.
- Collaborates with other clinical personnel in assessing treatment guidelines. May participate in formulary development and management. Supports the national Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. Validates the clinical availability of multi-source products for provider utilization.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy. Maintains pharmacy records in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature, continuing education and any company provided in-services. Completes all mandatory company provided on-line courses. Attends and completes all employee development courses.
- Participates in mandatory on-call rotation when required by business needs.
- Makes outbound or takes inbound telephone calls to assist in various aspects of patient care and/or product distribution to/from practitioners, members, and pharmacies. These calls include, but are not limited to, comprehensive medication reviews, targeted medication reviews, call to practitioners about product awareness, and prior authorizations.
General Job Information
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/22/2019
Date Requisition Created4/22/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesLicense must be current and in good standing.Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you