Lead IT Analyst (SQL)
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionLooking for a Sr. or Lead IT Analyst or Business Systems analyst with very good SQL knowledge. Candidate should also have experience in the Healthcare section such as Medicare, Medicard, Pharmacy or PBM, etc.
This position will analyze, evaluate and design/redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior staff. Work with a variety of development roles to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented. Is highly collaborative and comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings. Have strong analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. Good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing oneself. Deep understanding of the business/technical domain.
- Lead design, planning, and implementation of requirements to satisfy business needs.
- Authority on best practices of requirements gathering, business system configuration and defining/execution of acceptance criteria.
- Work with the technical teams and the business/product owner to ensure efficiency, smooth and successful implementation.
- Coach and mentor junior staff in requirements documentation, systems configuration, defining/execution of acceptance criteria and establishing, tracking, measuring and refining metrics.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback to internal cross-functional teams including IT Project Manager, Business/Product owner and Software Engineering.
- Identify, drive, and optimize technical and business process flows for existing and new opportunities.
- Partner with teams to define systems improvement focusing on scale, efficiency, and automation.
- Work with internal business groups to acquire a deep understanding of their processes and operations.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel while delivering high quality results.
- Works/Collaborates with Software Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and ensure highest quality product delivery.
- Drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleLead IT Analyst (SQL)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/5/2019
Date Requisition Created5/20/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years developing requirements, designing and executing test cases in IT.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and explain it to others in technical and non-technical terms.
- Experience with a variety of QA methodology and problem solving tools/techniques.
- Detail-oriented person who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new technology offered to customers.
- Experience with and a passion for translating user-interface design into requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to lead other team members through resolving challenges.
- Mastery of creating and executing test cases.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Experience with Lean methods.
- Experience with diagraming and visual communications.
- Certification in Training in Design Thinking.
- Experience in healthcare/PBM product design, requirements definition, testing and issue management.
- Experience working closely with a variety of development roles and business teams to communicate impact of changes and to understand business requirements.
- Experience working with industry standard claims, billing or EHR systems.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you