Senior Pricing Proposal Manager
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionResponsible for the development of financial and programmatic cost models. This position will work with various departments within the company as well with employees within the finance department. Oversees all financial aspects of the underwriting process.
- Reviews and analyzes Request for Proposals (RFPs) to identify all program, service and financial requirements.
- Develops and completes pricing proposal models and pricing proposals for RFPs.
- Provides pricing guidance for renewals.
- Develops and periodically recalibrates the pricing approach and strategy for the portfolio.
- Owns pricing proposal policy and guidance.
- Collaborates with the Operations Finance team on the development of pricing for new products and solutions.
- Applies pricing proposal procedures to new and existing business.
- Achieves overall corporate financial goals by applying appropriate pricing methodologies.
- Meets deadlines and assist with the fulfillment of financial requirements for RFPs which entails review, analysis, development of pricing proposal models and pricing, completion of all required RFP and pricing documentation, periodic recalibration and updating of pricing proposal model assumptions and cost drivers and development of pricing strategies.
- Develops and owns proposal and pricing policies and guidance and collaborate with the SBU and Corporate on both strategic direction and pricing/proposal parameters to be considered within the process.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Pricing Proposal Manager
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/14/2019
Date Requisition Created5/14/2019
Work ExperienceSupervisory, Underwriting
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Knowledge of proposal pricing principles in a managed care environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Good analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new product lines and adapt to changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office Product suite, specifically Excel, and experience with managing large data sets with tools such as MS Access.
- Actuarial pricing experience required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you