Asset Management Analyst - St.Louis, MO
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionResponsible for all aspects of software asset management across Magellan and its subsidiaries. Administers IT software purchase, inventory and management systems. Updates and administers asset databases, tracking life cycle of all assets. Maintains and manages supplier records, software license information and updates. Receives new software and software maintenance/support requests and performs procurement and deployment activities. Verifies financial data (e.g., leased, depreciated or expensed), and monitors and reconciles changes in inventory and performs spot checks to ensure process and system quality. Experience using ServiceNow asset management platform a plus.
- Coordinates with IT Security to ensure that all new software is reviewed and approved before being used within Magellan.
- Maintains catalog of approved software.
- Uses databases and tools to minimize Magellan's cost of software ownership through redeployment of unused licenses/subscriptions and competitive bidding.
- Monitors termination notices to proactively reclaim unused licenses/subscriptions.
- Manages license keys/serial numbers/subscription assignments for all servers and end users computers.
- Communicates to the IT Helpdesk appropriate information when needed for software deployment.
- Responds to vendor requests for audits of license use including reconciliation of purchased versus deployed license/subscription counts.
- Reviews requests received for conformance to company policy and to applicable standards and contracts.
- Manages software maintenance and support requirements and renewals.
- Leads reviews of requirements and cost with the appropriate business owners.
- Strives to improve software procurement and asset management processes to reduce time, effort and duplicate data entry.
- Manages the consolidation of licenses/subscriptions and software contracts when integrating acquired companies.
- Compiles and analyzes trends in prices and supply, and communicates this information as required.
- Participates in local and national agreements negotiations which select suppliers based on price, delivery and quality of materials and services.
- Reviews company requirements for software and sources from the appropriate vendors.
- Manages relationships with software vendors in accordance with the Vendor Management program established by Strategic Sourcing.
- Works with vendors to create business relationships and approves new vendors as sources of supply for Magellan
- Prepares and issues requests for quotations/proposals to approved suppliers as required.
- Analyzes and evaluates quotations and proposals received from suppliers.
- Processes requisitions, researches products, clarifies specifications, and documents all competitive bidding per company policy.
- Confirms accuracy and content of vendor bids and pricing prior to purchase.
- Ensures the placement of purchase orders and provides necessary follow-up and expediting to ensure timely delivery of materials and/or services.
- As required, review invoices with accounts payable where price, quantity or terms do not agree with the purchase order. Authorizes or rejects the payment as applicable.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleAsset Management Analyst - St.Louis, MO
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/30/2019
Date Requisition Created5/29/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of software asset management experience and 5 years in the procurement or sales of software.
- Working knowledge of software asset management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office product suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with all levels of stakeholders.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.