Quality Services Specialist
Madison WI 53703
Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Quality Services Specialist who will provide a variety of quality services to TMG IRIS Consultants and others who work with IRIS, a state of Wisconsin long-term care program and the Self-Directed Personal Care (SDPC) Oversight Agency. These services include, but are not limited to providing consultation and education to a statewide workforce, quality assurance activities, and continuous quality improvement projects. The Quality Services Specialist will conduct record reviews, facilitate needed remediation, review incident reports and assist with resolution plans, issue notices of action, participate in hearings and appeals, and address program integrity concerns. In addition, this position may be involved with survey feedback data, public speaking, and presenting training programs for staff. Experience working with adults who have disabilities is preferred.
- Conduct internal quality reviews and assist with internal and external required remediation to ensure standards meet or exceed state compliance thresholds.
- Provide consultation, education and support to TMG community-based staff including Associate Directors, Supervisors, IRIS Consultants, and external stakeholders regarding implementation of the Department of Health Services IRIS program policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to resolve situations involving IRIS program participants and guardians.
- Issue notices of action, compile hearing documentation and participate in fair hearings.
- Assist staff with reported alleged program integrity issues such as potential fraud and/or abuse of IRIS funds, support participants to manage their IRIS budgets, and identify and mitigate potential conflicts of interest.
- Provide support for critical incident reporting, behavioral support plans, restrictive measures, fulfill record requests, assist with surveys, and conduct quality reviews as needed.
- Respond to formal grievances and facilitate conference calls to brainstorm solutions to complaints, grievances and/or complex situations.
- Provide in-person and/or web-based training to a statewide workforce.
- Assist with other projects, create reports, document activities within the database, and participate in team meetings, along with other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleQuality Services Specialist
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/30/2019
Date Requisition Created5/29/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Human Services, Social Work or other related field.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities and/or seniors who experience chronic health concerns.
- 1-3 years quality improvement and auditing or related in healthcare field.
- Knowledge of healthcare quality improvement processes and performance measurement.
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines and timelines.
- High degree of organization required.
- Expertise in data management, data analysis, reporting word processing, and project management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you