Vice President, Capture Management
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionLeads a team through the acquisition process for pre-identified business opportunities. Oversees the analyses and orchestrations of all capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities. Responsible for the development, execution and management of business development and marketing strategies to drive revenue growth for the assigned SBU(s) or product(s). This includes development of specific opportunity capture plans in collaboration with the other organization functional groups. Understands capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and directs the development of capture strategies and marketing philosophies. Responsible for identifying current and future client requirements and market trends, and positioning the company for business growth.
- Assesses market dynamics. Develops and executes a growth strategy based on market trends, strategic goals and capabilities, client needs, and the competitive environment to meet assigned growth budgets.
- Directs development of Healthcare Services sales and marketing plans and material.
- Develops and executes an organizational structure and supporting work systems and processes for achieving business goals.
- Manages the business development pipeline following standard operating procedures, processes, and templates.
- Implements new programs to enhance relationships with key stakeholders and promote programs and services.
- Supports development of requests for proposal for procurement and program expansion.
- Collaborates with Compliance and department leaders to ensure compliance, turnaround times and quality.
- Develops and matures relationships, both internal and external, with peers, clients, and industry partners.
General Job Information
TitleVice President, Capture Management
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/9/2019
Date Requisition Created5/9/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors in Social Sciences or related field. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years in the proposal and business capture environment with 3+ years related to Healthcare Services.
- Demonstrated negotiation, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and execute Healthcare Services strategic marketing plans.
- Ability to develop and execute a Customer/Client Call Plan resulting in Contract Award.
- Established track record of profitable revenue-bearing account closures.
- Experience working with prospects and customers to package, price, present and close business in line with company priorities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate among various internal organizational groups, consultants, industry partners, and client representatives resulting in revenue growth.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations on business development strategy and implementation to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct Business Development Gap Analysis and negotiate internally and with industry partners regarding workshare in Teaming Agreements.
- Proven ability to continuously meet or exceed assigned business development performance targets inclusive of revenue growth.
- 5+ years’ experience and an extensive professional healthcare services network of current or previous Agency leaders and contractors from HHS, VA, DHA, and/or DOL
- Knowledge in Public Sector Healthcare: Policy and Practice.
- Experience in Complex Population Management, Behavioral Health & Well-Being, Specialty Medical Management, Human Performance, and/or Specialty Pharmacy services.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Salesforce.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.