Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionLeads the planning, production, and delivery of compliant proposals within a complex business environment. Directs and conducts activities related to the development of the proposal process, to include strategic messaging and writing and/or support of effective and efficient development of responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) to expand the defined business unit in both new and existing markets.
- Leads and manages a team of Proposal Managers and Proposal Coordinators, which may also include external resources, and leads the development of proposal tools and processes to ensure they are consistent with win themes, style guide, and other presentational tactics, to include issues management, document production and assessment of the proposal to drive a complete, fully compliant and effective proposal response.
- Considers the competitive environment, customer goals, objectives and the RFP requirements in the development of strategies to deliver the company's messages effectively and timely.
- Assesses the solicitation, response timeframe capture maturity, resource requirement, teaming, and other proposal elements such as required experience to determine if we can meet the internal proposal requirement and external coordination with subcontractors, vendors, partners, etc. for proposal development.
- Reviews and manages the progress of team members’ efforts to ensure that they are achieving their respective content plans on-time; identifying struggling team members and mentoring them by implementing correction action plans with specified deadlines; and making appropriate decisions regarding the need to replace assigned team members if corrective actions are not made within the deadlines specified.
- Conducts milestone readiness reviews to assess proposal readiness for team reviews as may be needed; adjusting the proposal development schedule accordingly to accommodate corrective actions.
- Oversees the research of projects, personnel, metrics, and competitors. Post-submission activities (capturing win/loss debriefs and lessons learned).
- Ensure that proposal repository and other electronic assets are properly maintained.
- Identifies and contacts subject matter experts throughout the company to get accurate information for inclusion in proposals.
- Provides mentoring and training for staff to ensure the development of needed competencies and skills. Assigns work and monitors the workflow of team members. Makes recommendations regarding promotions and disciplinary action, as needed.
General Job Information
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/9/2019
Date Requisition Created5/9/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Must have a strong attention to detail, and review and editing skills.
- Ability to build and manage to a compliance matrix.
- Ability to coach proposal team members and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practices.
- Strong time management/prioritization skills.
- Strong written English language skills.
- 7+ years experience in proposal management/development.
- 3+ years management experience preferably in direct management of proposal operations.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you