Senior Director of Solution Development
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionProvides leadership for the solution development process in support of new business development opportunities for the Federal sector. Participates in the review of new business opportunities and assesses whether the Company has or can develop a solution to address requirements in new Request for Proposal (RFP)/Information (RFI). Creates tangible business strategies, facilitates planning activities, executes activities, and measures results. Responsibilities also include leading or assisting in such areas as research, conceptualization, translating market research and needs, assembling and mobilizing teams, providing solution content for responses to government solicitations and briefings. Works to establish relationships across the larger corporation and coordinates working teams to discuss potential new solutions.
- Supports the identification and qualification of new federal business opportunities utilizing the Company’s capabilities and expertise in the commercial sector.
- Analyzes customer needs and specifications to determine whether existing products, capabilities, and experiences can be packaged to develop a solution that is responsive and fully compliant with the government’s needs.
- Provides solution development leadership and is responsible for end to end solution development, working within and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Serves as the Federal sector’s subject matter expert for aggregated Company capabilities and experience.
- Develops solution descriptions for proposals and other client-facing documents.
- Develops and delivers professional presentations to senior leadership, external customers, and consultant audiences as required.
- Facilitates external vendor relationships and partners to facilitate the creation of solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director of Solution Development
Job FamilyMarketing Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/19/2019
Date Requisition Created4/19/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Healthcare (Required), Bachelors: Marketing (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of ten years of experience in product development plus 4 or more years of experience in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration, Management, Health Services Policy or Administration, or clinical studies.
- Experience in the coordination and collaboration of work teams and a proven track record of success while working in any of the following functional areas: Product Management and Development, or Program Operations.
- Proven track record of results.
- Experience in the design, management, and implementation of products including the coordination and integration of all primary business functions.
- Must possess strong organizational, consultation and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and consultation skills in the areas of product development and analysis.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry, specifically PBM and Specialty Pharmacy.
- Comprehensive understanding of specialty product implementation and client needs/wants to creatively recommend product and services that is market competitive while meeting financial goals of the company.
- Knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy and overall strategies to pull through scripts.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles and guidelines.
- Experience in product development preferably within the managed care industry.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you