Supervisor, Utilization Management Support
Phoenix AZ 85034
Job DescriptionThis position provides supervision and monitoring of unlicensed staff (Care Workers and other paraprofessionals) responsible for all utilization management (UM) support duties, prioritizing adherence to regulatory, customer, and departmental performance standards.
- Monitors and manages daily non-authorization processes, staff production and adherence to regulatory, customer, and departmental standards.
- Oversees and organizes daily volume of work and manages assignments of UM staff.
- Assists with providing employee training on specialized task processes.
- Assists in the development of department workflows and implementations.
- Consults with business partners on identified problems and interfaces with departmental staff on recommended resolutions.
- Assists in data-gathering and analysis of reports regarding UM support activities.
- Oversees preparation for audits involving UM support processes.
- Identifies gaps in processes and works to resolve them.
- Facilitates staff meetings.
- Hires new staff, as needed, to ensure the ongoing success of the team, and provides coaching, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSupervisor, Utilization Management Support
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/29/2019
Date Requisition Created5/23/2019
EducationBachelors, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in a healthcare operations focused position.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with an approach that demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills, including coordinating cross-functional team meetings and prioritizing projects/tasks.
- Strong work ethic and focus on process and achieving results.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to supervise and motivate team members.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”