Home Visitor - New Parent Support, FFSP
San Diego CA 92136 Fed
Job DescriptionThe New Parent Support Home Visitor supports Navy Fleet and Family Support Programs, a central delivery system for service member and family support through the installation’s New Parent Support Program. The programs offered through the FFSP are designed to facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military and to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community well-being.
• Expectant parents and parents with children under 3 shall be assessed and screened for child abuse risk, using the established Navy NPS screening tools and procedures.
• Parents who are not screened at risk or eligible for NPS home visiting shall be provided information and referral to appropriate military and civilian community resources and services.
• Ensure home visitation services use the Nurturing Parenting Program for all at risk parents accepting NPS services.
• Report suspected child abuse and domestic abuse/violence to the local civilian authorities and the Family Advocacy Representative IAW Navy and state requirements.
• Ensure that home visiting services are fully documented in the FFSMIS NPS Case Management System IAW current Navy requirements.
• Ensure that NPS information and referred, assessment, screening, and educational services for parents not at risk are entered and counted in FFSMIS.
• Ensure staff delivering NPS services are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP.
• Fully support the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
General Job Information
TitleHome Visitor - New Parent Support, FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/24/2019
Date Requisition Created5/24/2019
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredSecret Security Clearance - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
• Bachelors in social work OR Bachelors in nursing
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in social work, maternal/child health, child development and/or public health
• Nurses required to maintain current state licensure or certification
• Demonstrated ability to follow standardized assessment and curricula in provision of services to individuals and families
• Must work well both independently and as a member of a team
• Well organized and flexible
• In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on-site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.