Senior Military Personnel Specialist, FT POLK DHR
Fort Polk LA 71459 Fed 1716 3rd St.
Job DescriptionProvides administrative support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives.
- Serves as professional customer service specialist and achieves customer satisfaction by delivering military HR services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Possesses skill-level 3 technical proficiency across the full spectrum of military human resources (HR) functional areas.
- Serves as Team Leader / first line supervisor within a specific MPD work center.
- Coordinates with supported unit administrative personnel, unit commanders, and other installation service providers.
- Conducts detailed briefings and counsels Soldiers and Family Members in groups or individually on detailed HR procedures.
- Performs as HR specialist within military HR work centers that may include Personnel Records, Information Systems and Automation Support, In & Out Processing, DEERS/Identification Card Management, Soldier Readiness Processing, Soldier Actions, Promotion Processing, Reassignment Processing, Casualty and Line of Duty Management, Administrative Services (including Official Mail and Distribution), Transition Processing, Retirement Services.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of HQDA governing directives, HR policies, and installation operating procedures.
- Researches records, policy, directives, regulations and/or other historical documents to verify accuracy of records or determine benefits eligibility.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Exercises creativity and latitude in executing delivery of HR services.
- Collects workload and performance information using established quality control metrics.
- Monitors customer satisfaction levels obtained via the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) System. Conducts informal, verbal counseling as required and provides input to the Program Manager regarding employee duty performance.
- Employees may be assigned job duties in and reasonably related to their assigned position description. The Union agrees to work with the Company to update position job descriptions if contract requirements change.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Military Personnel Specialist, FT POLK DHR
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/25/2019
Date Requisition Created4/25/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Requires 2-4 years of experience in U.S. military Human Resources
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you