Job DescriptionThis is a 100% REMOTE opportunity with the ability to telecommute from the comfort of your own home. Magellan embraces a positive work-life flow and our people enjoy a tremendous level of flexibility.
For this opportunity, we are looking for a Consulting IT Analyst that can write story cards for an Agile team. This person will be partnering with the product owner and other stakeholders and will be observing users and helping define new workflows. We are looking for an Analyst who is able to pull requirements, work with user journey mapping, and help with workflow improvements. This business systems analyst will be helping the business discover the workflow and make recommendations and adjustments. Candidate should ideally have good experience in story card authoring, journey maps, etc. Any experience with Cucumber or Gherkin a plus, but not required.
"This position will analyze, evaluate and design/redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Provide leadership to more junior IT Analysts through all aspects of the software development cycles. Be a hands-on analyst who can define user stories and acceptance criteria, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching of junior it analysts on the team and ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria satisfy business needs. Demonstrate a high level of expertise in the ""IT Analyst"" craft. Help the team work through impediments. Clear impediments and escalate issues when needed. Drive usability and quality of the software developed within the area. Help the team manage changes. Plan, prioritize and deliver the detail behind enhancements. Work on a variety of enterprise applications and problems. Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward.
- Ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria satisfy business needs
- Help the team work through impediments
- Clear impediments and escalate issues when needed
- Drive usability and quality of the software developed within the area
- Helps the team manage changes
- Plan, prioritize and deliver enhancements
- Work on a variety of enterprise applications and problems.
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Analyze issues with focus on identifying root cause and prevention
- Help the team arrive at innovative solutions
General Job Information
TitleConsulting IT Analyst
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/29/2019
Date Requisition Created4/15/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor or Associate degree courses in Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Information Design, Mathematics or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and problem solving tools/techniques.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with analytical programming languages such as SQL.
- Ability to develop process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of Agile Methods.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you