Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Responsible for ensuring all Systems Navigators (SN) are provided new hire training, professional development, continuing education, and all on-going training opportunities.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/21/2019
Date Requisition Created5/21/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- One year experience working with a military Family Support Center; or civilian social service agency preferred or experience as a military Family member.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Understanding of the military and DOD FAP and EFMP.
- Possess working knowledge of military protocol when addressing Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Government personnel.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- Willing to travel within an estimated 50-mile radius of the assigned installation.
Bachelor degree in social work, psychology; marriage, family, and child counseling; counseling or behavioral science; education; or community health or public health.
Minimum two years’ experience in Family and children’s services or community organization.
Experience working with the military population and/or Military experience.
Knowledge of military and civilian community (local, state, and Federal programs), their mission and relationship to readiness, retention, and resiliency.
Ability to research, analyze, and conduct studies to evaluate effectiveness of program operation, resolve problems, and develop a comprehensive coordinated EFMP Family Service Plan.
Knowledge of military, states and Federal laws, policies, regulations, and practices regarding medical, educational and Family support services; knowledge of available medical, special education, and community support programs and services.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.