Pharmacist Account Manager
Job DescriptionPlays a key role in various multi-functional projects critical to the company in achieving its clinical and operational goals and objectives. Develops, implements and monitors clinical specialty programs in the field. Serves as clinical liaison for assigned Pharmacy contract(s). Manages overall client relationship. Participates in the development of clinical management products and services. Activities address impact on customers, operations, program integrity, pricing, quality and satisfaction. Develops and tracks the appropriate metrics to monitor the quality and care cost impact of the client's program. Requires communication across all departments, an understanding of the strategic impact of the program(s) for the company, knowledge of how the specialty programs integrate with other clinical initiatives, and expertise with data management.
- Leads the development of clinical program enhancements and better practices.
- Assists with development, enhancement, and maintenance of operational functions, policy and clinical support and provider education.
- Develops, implements, and monitors project plan requirements and timelines, ensures all necessary support, tools and technology are available, and follows up as needed. Meets with business process owners and other appropriate personnel to identify the project's goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success measures.
- Works closely with teams to ensure consistent delivery of approved programs to their client.
- Ensures operations are standardized at the fullest extent possible.
- Provides overall project coordination for the contract's clinical and operational functions.
- Oversees and coordinates implementation of new specialty programs and serves as liaison between the company and customers as needed.
- Assists in modifying implementation approaches within budget and operational framework.
- Revenue Generation - Works jointly with Account Manager to ensure revenue goals, administrative expenses are managed.
- Develops strong relationships with key contacts at client level.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of increased revenue goals.
- Supports other functions as requested throughout the program development lifecycle including finance, outcomes, communications and IT.
- Communicates frequently, either by phone or in person, with client to report program progress.
- Establishes priorities and maintains positive client relationship.
- Responds to client's requests for information.
- Assesses, investigates and resolves difficult issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Maintains contract's Preferred Drug List.
- Responsible for oversight of all program reporting.
- Ensures standard and ad hoc reports are provided accurately and on time.
- Supports the State Drug Utilization Review Boards and Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacist Account Manager
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/3/2019
Date Requisition Created5/2/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Provider experience preferred.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control and monitor project activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform basic financial analysis.
- 5+ years' experience in clinical operations, quality, network, pharmacy or project management.
- Project management experience and knowledge of health plans required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you