Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Bilingual (English/Spanish) IRIS Consultant who resides in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
The IRIS Consultant (IC) is a home-based employee who partners with individuals enrolled in the IRIS program to identify their long-term care goals and find creative ways to achieve them. Role works in communities where IRIS self-directed long-term care is offered as an alternative to managed care under the Family Care program. This role is a steady, trusted partner, working side-by side with people enrolled in IRIS.
This role builds upon the resources available in the community to help individuals develop customized plans to achieve their goals related to employment, housing, health, safety, community membership, transportation, and lasting relationships.
TMG wants to find the best possible candidates for employment, so we created this Realistic Job Preview to provide candidates with an accurate understanding of the position. Find out more about the IRIS Consultant position by clicking on the link and then reviewing the job posting below.
- Required to meet with the IRIS participant a minimum of four times per year, with one required annual visit in the home of the participant. Because IRIS is a self-directed program, it is important for ICs to be available upon the request of the participant.
- Responsible for providing program orientation to new participants at which time participants will learn their rights and responsibilities as someone enrolled in the program, including verifying legal documents, completing employee paperwork and the responsible use of public dollars.
- Explore a broad view of the participant’s life, including goals, important relationships, connections with the local community, interest in employment, awareness of the Self-Directed Personal Care option, and back-up support plans.
- Assist participants in identifying personal outcomes and ensure those outcomes are being met on an ongoing basis, all while staying within the participant’s IRIS budget and within the requirements of the IRIS program determined by the Department of Health Services (DHS).
- Responsible for documenting all orientation and planning activities within the IRIS data system (WISITs) within 48 business hours of the visit with the participant.
- Research community resources and natural supports that will fit the individual outcomes for each participant and share that information with them as it becomes available.
- Responsible for documenting progress and changes as needed within the plan and the data system anytime a modification is requested by a participant.
- Budget Amendment or One-Time Expense paperwork may be required depending upon factors associated with the participant and their individual IRIS budget.
- Educate participants on how to read and interpret their monthly budget reports to ensure that participants operate within their budget. Being a liaison between the Fiscal Employer Agency and the IRIS Consultant Agency is also a large part of the position, which includes assisting participants with provider billing, seeking support brokers, tracking receipts, ensuring their workers are paid and mitigating areas of potential risk or conflicts of interest.
- Responsible for relaying difficult messages to the participants they partner with. The topic of these messages varies from a directive from DHS regarding a programmatic change to informing a participant their budget has been reduced to discussing health and safety issues to reporting events such as critical incidents about abuse and neglect. Due to the sensitive nature of some of these messages, at all times, it is important to maintain the strictest confidentiality with all participant related information including HIPAA and other personal or organizational information.
- Work collaboratively with other IRIS Consultant Agency staff in order to ensure a successful implementation of participants’ plans.
- Attend face-to-face monthly team meetings with other ICs and their supervisor. In addition, weekly IC and IRIS Consultant Supervisor phone check-ins may occur, along with other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleBilingual (Spanish) IRIS Consultant - Milwaukee County
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/25/2019
Date Requisition Created4/18/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a social work, psychology, human services, counseling, nursing, special education or a closely related field (or four years of commensurate experience if no degree).
- 1+ years of direct experience related to the delivery of social services to the target groups.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care programs and familiarity with principles of self-determination.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain adequate auto insurance for job-related travel to home visits and attending meetings and conferences as requested.
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and strong basic math skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills to focus on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to change.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and work through situations without taking it personally.
- Comfortable working within a variety of settings and adjust style as needed; to work with a diverse population, various personalities and personal situations.
- Resourceful and have knowledge of community resources while being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Ability to use a variety of technology including but not limited to; Outlook, Skype, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, online portals and databases.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”