Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionThis is a full-time intern position from 6/1/2019 through 12/28/2019 for students who have graduated from college. The position has the potential of moving to a full time permanent position in 2020.
Perform various business analysis and QA tasks to support Senior Whole Health (Magellan) systems, including:
•Perform QA on system enhancements and develop test plans.
•Work with end users to conduct UAT sessions
• Identify business needs and write business requirements documents
Senior Whole Health (SWH) is a health plan company located in Cambridge, MA. The company was recently acquired by Magellan Health but continues to operate under the Senior Whole Health name. SWH offers a health plan for low-income seniors who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. The company's Information Technology department has a need for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to assist in providing automated solutions to meet customer needs. The position will also provide an opportunity to work with company directors and upper management; and participate in key strategic projects. This position reports directly to the Director of Business Analysis.
- Works with business and IT staff to understand needs for creating automated solutions.
- Assist in documenting business requirements to ensure the IT team develops and implements solutions that meet customer needs.
- Document work flow diagrams and other system related diagrams.
- Assist with the creation of test plans for testing automated solutions.
- Perform testing of automated solutions including documenting and tracking issues and ensuring timely issue resolution.
- Assist in producing IT related metrics utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Analytic problem solving skills
- Good customer service attitude and focus
- Work well in team environments
- Capable of conceiving creative solutions
- Ability to work with peers and project teams
- Knowledge of SDLC deliverables
- Working experience in an IT department or college courses within a Management Information Systems, or similar curriculum
Knowledge of the following technologies helpful:
- MS Office , MS Visio, MS SQL, MS Project (preferred but not required)
Transportation: Company is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Green Line and Red Line. Car is helpful but not essential.
General Job Information
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/29/2019
Date Requisition Created4/22/2019
EducationGED, High School
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.