Community Service Specialist
Bridgewater MA 02324 One Lakeshore Center
Job DescriptionThe Community Services Coordinator works with and assists in care coordination with members, SWH Nurse Care Managers, providers, and community service organizations to ensure that members have access to the range of supportive services needed to promote optimal functioning and quality of life.
The Community Services Coordinator holds the key telephonically relationship with the Geriatric Support Services Coordinators (GSSCs) at the Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) in ensuring the authorization and implementation of community-based services and responding to problems with services. The Community Services Coordinator facilitates care coordination among the member/caregivers, SWH Nurse Care Managers, GSSCs and other providers. The Community Services Coordinator interfaces telephonically with the noncomplex care SWH members to ascertain health status and to identify triggers for additional care needs on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct outbound contact with ASAP agencies to determine level of service for newly signed enrollees
- Triage and respond to calls and emails through centralized, dedicated phone number and email address from GSSCs/ASAPs regarding members needs and services; forward to SWH NCM as needed
- Enter authorizations and review home-based services with GSSCs and SWH NCMs
- Conduct regularly scheduled telephonic assessments with noncomplex members to determine status changes and/or problems and referral to GSSC and/or SWH NCM as needed
- Manage issues related to care plan services in coordination with GSSC and/or SWH NCM
- Schedule and participate in regular meetings at the ASAP with GSSCs and NCM
- Assist members and providers in the timely resolution of problems or complaints
- Conduct follow up calls to determine the status/needs of members according to established guidelines
- Collaborate with providers and SWH care management staff to address and resolve the needs and concerns of members and caregivers
- Meet periodically with members, their families, and providers in office or home settings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
General Job Information
TitleCommunity Service Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/8/2019
Date Requisition Created5/8/2019
EducationAssociates (Required), Bachelors
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Proven analytical, time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple internal departments and outside providers.
- Knowledge of Elder Services, Aging Service Access Points (ASAP), Medicaid programs strongly preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.