Manager, Clinical Program Pharmacist
Newport RI 02840
Job DescriptionThis position develops, implements and monitors clinical specialty programs in the field, serves as the clinical liaison for assigned pharmacy contract(s) and manages the overall client relationship. The position supports drug utilization review (DUR) efforts by reviewing physician prescribing patterns, consulting with physicians regarding these patterns using evidence based best practices, working closely with internal staff in the refinement of Magellan?s psychopharmacology management programs, providing consultation on pharmacy issues to clinical operations representatives and facilitating the successful implementation of these programs for customer organizations.
- Leads the development of clinical program enhancements and better practices.
- Assists with development, enhancement, and maintenance of operational functions, policy and clinical support and provider education.
- Develops, implements, and monitors project plan requirements and timelines, ensures all necessary support, tools and technology are available, and follows up as needed.
- Meets with business process owners and other appropriate personnel to identify the project's goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success measures including supporting Magellan in achievement of their revenue goals.
- Supports other functions as requested throughout the program development lifecycle including finance, outcomes, communications and IT.
- Works closely with CMC teams to ensure consistent delivery of approved programs to their client.
- Ensures operations are standardized at the fullest extent possible.
- Provides overall project coordination for the contract's clinical and operational functions.
- Oversees/coordinates implementation of new specialty programs and serves as liaison between the company and customers as needed.
- Assists in modifying implementation approaches within budget and operational framework.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within Magellan that are supportive of the achievement of increased revenue goals.
- Communicates frequently, either by phone or in person, with client to report program progress, establish priorities and maintain positive client relationship.
- Responds to client's requests for information. Assesses, investigates and resolves difficult issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Contacts physicians/prescribers identified as needing consultation to provide coaching on prescriptions and prescribing practices that have been identified as outliers. (Most contacts will be in-person visits with the prescribers, though some may be by phone.)
- Responsible for oversight of all program reporting.
- Collaborates on the refinement of consultation scripting; solicits and utilizes input from those contacted toward scripting improvements.
- Contributes to the success of the operations of the pharmacy program by assisting with the implementation and management of both written and verbal communications to physicians/prescribers and maintenance of the edits and data elements that support the edits.
- Contributes to program improvements by using continuous quality improvement processes, by being proactive in identifying improvement opportunities and by contributing on-going consultation and collaboration with product leaders.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Clinical Program Pharmacist
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/25/2019
Date Requisition Created4/25/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Able to receive assignments in the form of high level objectives and independently establish detailed goals to meet objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player.
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and be self motivated.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control and monitor project activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact at a high level with external contacts.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- 5 years' experience in clinical operations, quality, network, pharmacy or project management.
- Knowledge of current research related to behavioral health medications.
- Behavioral health/substance abuse pharmaceutical service experience a plus.
- Experience with coaching physicians/prescribers on medication issues, especially on behavioral health medications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you