Project Control Analyst
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionAFSC/Magellan Federal is searching for a Project Controller to join our Finance team in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate is familiar with the compliance requirements and accounting complexities of federal government contracting. Efficient multi-tasking is required to support a portfolio of projects that are geographically dispersed. The Project Controller will partner with project managers and gain a detailed understanding of project activities and milestones. Ability to forecasting the financial implications of business decisions is key to success in this role. Daily cross-functional information sharing with project managers and other project support organizations is required. Expectations include excellent communication skills for presentation of financial information to all levels of management, including C-suite.
- Assist throughout the project lifecycle; including kick-off meeting, project set up, revenue recognition and compliance, budgeting, forecasting and monthly variance analysis for all contract types (CP, T&M, FFP, FPAF).
- Compile, report, and analyze the financial performance of a project portfolio and communicate findings and issues to key stakeholders.
- Participate in monthly close process to include accrual submission, posting of revenue and attendance of close meetings with the corporate finance team.
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures, FAR, CAS, GAAP and contractual requirements.
- Partner with Accounting to research, document, and respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Monitor funding and support modification proposals, procurement and billing/collection activities.
- Promote timely vendor invoice receipt and approve for payment.
- Monitor projects’ labor, subcontractor, and ODC transactions, weekly, and identify/resolve errors.
- Train project managers to interpret financial reports and to consider project-type-specific financial performance improvement levers.
- Host cross-functional project review meetings to inform stakeholders of project performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in pricing and proposal of project extensions and recompete opportunities.
- Perform what-if analysis for project management decision support.
General Job Information
TitleProject Control Analyst
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/25/2019
Date Requisition Created3/25/2019
EducationBachelors: Accounting (Required), Bachelors: Finance (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis role
- Previous experience in a federal contracting environment
- Experience budgeting and forecasting the P&L for multiple projects
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- Understanding of FAR requirements
- Deltek CostPoint experience
- Cognos Reporting
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you