IT Production Operations - Help Desk Technician
Columbia MD 21046 8621 Robert Fulton Drive
Job DescriptionProvide First Level technical support to users experiencing operational and systems malfunctions, both hardware and software related. Provides technical assistance over the phone for all supported locations addressing both emergency and routine issues. Responds to inquiries regarding systems procedures, status and downtime. Assists with Security access requests.
- Respond to employee phone, mail, email, fax, visits etc., troubleshoot problem issues or receive IT requests. Enter issues into call tracking system. Resolve or assign requests to the appropriate support group(s).
- Follow-up on outstanding issues and requests; perform quality assurance call backs as needed.
- Assist with creation of IDs including LAN, email, CURE, Web-applications, MPD, etc.
- Maintain the process of routing security requests to the appropriate security groups.
- Develop a functional understanding of key Magellan applications including Amisys, AMSW, CURE, Quest, IP, Maplinx, MPD, SQL Referral, Caretrac, etc.
- Assist with operational and management duties i.e. scheduling, mentoring and training. Assist with documentation development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleIT Production Operations - Help Desk Technician
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/15/2019
Date Requisition Created5/8/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesProficient with use of Windows XP, Vista and MS Office products. General Knowledge of PC and Laptop support, VPN, remote support tools, Wireless configurations, Internet Explorer and Firefox.2+ years in a comparable technical role.Perform limited administration or configuration of key applications.Further technical study including but not limited to Information Systems degree course work and job-related certifications, MCSE and A+ certifications are a plus but not required for this position.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you