Manager of Data Analytics and Reporting
Madison WI 53703
Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Manager of Data Analytics and Reporting who is responsible for oversight and day-to-day management of all TMG data analytic services, including systems analysis and programming, data collection and management, data base management, and data analytic policies, and procedures. This position provides departmental development, leadership, supervision, and coaching to Data Analytics and Reporting team members. In addition, the position is responsible for acting as a liaison with the Department of Health Services (DHS) System Administrators of the Wisconsin IRIS Self-Directed Information Technology System (WISITS), and is a member of TMG’s Strategic Leadership Team.
The Manager of Data Analytics and Reporting and Reporting coordinates implementation of policies and procedures working with other TMG managers, and assists/advises about data analytic issues. The Manager of Data Analytics and Reporting leads sound analytic practices and objectives that assist the organization in achieving security, regulatory compliance and company performance goals. The Manager of Data Analytics and Reporting is required to maintain strictest confidentiality of all TMG business related information at all times.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations including cost effective and efficient data, reporting and analytic systems, policies and procedures, preparing reports/narratives, dashboards and statements with key metrics
- Work with program directors and other managerial staff to provide company-wide analytic services
- Perform data extracts, compile statistical and descriptive reports and analyze company information needs while making recommendations
- Ensure data integrity of company databases, collaborates with external stakeholders to meet data reporting requirements and develops and maintains needed data collection and management systems using a variety of applications
- Provide leadership to the Data team members and ensures that the goals align with strategic objectives
- Ensure compliance with security requirements as outlined in DHS contract privacy and security, Business Associate Agreements, and Data Agreements
- Collaborate closely with others to develop, document, and implement safeguards specified by the HIPAA Security Rule
- Allocate resources to support users of WISITS, addresses data integrity issues, troubleshoots emergent situations, documents system problems, coordinate with staff to document functional issues and forward appropriate information to the DHS System Administrator
- Managing the creation and termination of user accounts in WISITS by following the processes and procedures established by the DHS ISITS System Administrator
- Lead and represent TMG on external WISITS related workgroups and meetings on current and new system functionality and provide regular company-wide employee and community communication around relevant WISITS related topics and issues
- Participate in meetings and discussions and completes other duties as assigned
General Job Information
TitleManager of Data Analytics and Reporting
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/14/2019
Date Requisition Created5/10/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Undergraduate degree ideally in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years of direct, relevant experience.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, Qlikview, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools
- MS Suite power user with expertise in visualization tools.
- Required experience in a production environment setting up processes to be maintainable and scalable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of internal clients while maintaining high degrees of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to drive results and deliver on multiple tasks.
- Experience building, developing and managing high-performing teams.
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analysis with minimal supervision
- Experience in the managed care or health care industries a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.