Specialty Intake Coordinator
Orlando FL 32812
- Responsible for soliciting new business with members of our non-exclusive insurance contracts.
- The coordinator will respond to referrals by making calls to try to capture business from members that already exist as a patient with another pharmacy.
- Create initial drug order in system to start the process flow to be continued by data entry technicians.
- Enter all required demographic, physician, insurance, authorization, and other information into a profile for all new patients.
- Review all incoming faxed prescription orders and attach to new or existing patient profile.
- Contact patient or physician to fill in any missing information.
- Assign any non-prescription faxes to appropriate user and notify user of the fax.
General Job Information
TitleSpecialty Intake Coordinator
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/13/2019
Date Requisition Created5/13/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 1-2 years of experience in Specialty Pharmacy.
- Must have a professional presence and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Excel, CPR+ (home infusion software) and specialty pharmacy functions.
- Strong analytical and basic accounting skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you