Part-Time Outbound Customer Service Representative
Phoenix AZ 85034
Job DescriptionThis is an IN-OFFICE position. Candidates must be available to work full-time for training purposes. Post training, candidates must be available to work approximately 20 hours per week Monday-Friday. Please note, no time off is allowed during the first 90 days for training purposes.
This position primarily handles outbound call queues for designated clients related to authorization processing for multiple medical specialties and products. This may include notification calls to ordering physicians, imaging facilities and members, as well as other benefit related calls. This position is held accountable for meeting individual productivity and quality metrics and working with a team to meet compliance and timeliness targets for our clients. This role is cross-trained in inbound functions and provides back up support to Customer Care Associates as required.
- Contacts referring physicians' offices, members and imaging providers via telephone to communicate authorization approvals, denials and appeals information for a wide range of medical products, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Recognizes the compliance and regulatory requirements for each health plan and each medical product and assures actions meet these requirements.
- Contacts referring physicians' offices via telephone to verify authorization information, obtain additional clinical information or facilitate a peer to peer consultation between ordering physician and a SBU Physician Reviewer.
- Calls members to support SBU's Facility Scheduling Program.
- Understands the end-to-end authorization process, SBU's business and business drivers for success.
- Resolves provider or member concerns as the first line of contact.
- Discourages unnecessary clinical/physician phone transfers and encourages medical records to be submitted. Helps callers understand what clinical information is required.
- Transfers calls to clinicians and physicians only for clinically escalated situations.
- Processes withdrawals and other case status changes as needed.
- Recognizes and develops relationships with provider groups through repeat calls, and recognizes provider sensitivities for different health plans.
- Responsible for reading and retaining updated account information disseminated through multiple sources. Calls are handled accurately and appropriately per current account information.
- Electronically attaches incoming clinical faxes to authorization requests for medical studies.
- Collects after hours voice messages, researches questions, triages case to the appropriate team and/or return calls as needed.
- Participates in SBU's Customer Care Operations activities as requested that help improve Care Center performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participates in team activities to help build a high performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule in order to aid SBU's Customer Care Operations in better serving its members and help SBU achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists SBU efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Assumes responsibility for self development and career progression.
- Responsible for meeting SBU's service standards in all categories on a monthly basis, being a team player, maintaining member and provider confidentiality at all times, demonstrating effective problem solving skills, and being punctual and maintaining good attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
General Job Information
TitlePart-Time Outbound Customer Service Representative
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/16/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with computer and keyboard use while talking and typing (minimum 35 WPM) simultaneously.
- Minimum 1 year of Customer Service in a healthcare setting.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More