Senior Project Manager, Proposals
Virginia, United States Minor Outlying Islands
Job DescriptionThis position has primary responsibility for leading the proposal process, beginning with initial intake activities through the end creating successful proposal submissions. Role is responsible for providing project management planning, execution and reporting to the proposal project team and leadership. This role project manages commercial, government and managed care organization Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Establishes and manages proposal timelines. Identifies potential schedule slippages and develops recovery plan. Raises awareness to minimize exposure and risk on project.
- Creates and executes proposal work plans and revises, as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages the project plan by ensuring obstacles are identified and mitigated and that deliverables are met on time.
- Liaison with SMES to ensure writers have what is needed to provide a quality product.
- Reports project status and apprises management of issues requiring resolution in order to maintain progress on a timely basis.
- Conducts proposal project status meetings as needed.
- Ensures pricing/underwriting is on schedule.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages daily operational aspects of a proposal project and scope, including meeting facilitation and documentation.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to project team members.
- Prepares for proposal quality reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes throughout proposal development process and provides general corporate news that may impact the proposal scope.
- Provides status reporting to stakeholders on a regular basis. Apprises management of issues requiring resolution in order to maintain progress on a timely basis.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Contributes to, implements, and maintains best practices and project management policies and guidelines.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Project Manager, Proposals
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/17/2019
Date Requisition Created4/16/2019
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSGB - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Product Suite, specifically Excel, Access and Visio.
- Knowledge of project management practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain multiple project plans.
- Financial Management knowledge; understands basic financial model and budgeting.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Basic knowledge of health care management.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control, and monitor project activities.
- 5+ years project management or job related experience in a managed care organization.
- Experience working on government (Federal, State, County) RFPs including developing and updating compliance matrices.
- Software used to develop compliance matrices
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you