Lead Audit Technician-Pharmacy
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionPrimary Job Functions
1. Provide audit results for internal audits for pharmacy operations daily, weekly, monthly within MRx pharmacy
2. Provide responses via written communication and “live audits” for PBM and other Third party audits
3. Lead all Controlled substance state reporting
4. Administer communication pertaining to all regulatory changes both state and Federal
5. Indirectly assist Quality Department with preparation /ongoing requirements for accreditation
6. Assist in all Pharmacy manufacturer audits including Security, Dispensing , and Contract requirements
7. May assist in other pharmacy technician duties as required
The Lead Audit Technician may also be required to assist with the following Pharmacy Technician duties:
- Answers phones and triages calls appropriately.
- Receives and processes data entry of new and refill prescriptions in the pharmacy computer system.
- Prepares delivery tickets including prescription and supply items as necessary.
- Participates in coordinating and scheduling the processing and shipping of patient orders with customer service representatives and patients.
- Communicates by phone and fax as necessary with patients, physician offices, and insurance ensuring pharmacy has the most updated prescription and prior authorization information on file.
- Communicates and coordinates internally with customer service, billing, pharmacy, and shipping departments to move patient orders through the system and meet the promised delivery date.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of team to efficiently manage the output of staff assigned work. Monitors performance of team through reports and observance of accuracy and error rates. Monitors attendance and punctuality of team members and coordinates time off of team members with management to maintain adequate staffing of teams responsibilities on a daily basis. Meets with management on a regular basis to report status of team’s assigned work and individual performance of team members.
- Assists team members with problem solving as necessary.
- Creates a weekly schedule for Fulfillment staff that covers all aspects of the business needs
- Monitors temperature/humidity devices and downloads the information monthly.
- Audit Functions:
- Provides audit results for internal audits for pharmacy operations daily, weekly, monthly within pharmacy.
- Provides responses via written communication and “live audits” for PBM and other third party audits.
- Leads all controlled substance state reporting.
- Administers communication pertaining to all regulatory changes both state and federal.
- Indirectly assists Quality Department with preparation and ongoing requirements for accreditation.
- Assists in all Pharmacy manufacturer audits including Security, Dispensing, and Contract requirements.
General Job Information
TitleLead Audit Technician-Pharmacy
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/6/2019
Date Requisition Created5/1/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
- PTCB: Certification or the ability to obtain PTCB Certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification/registration exam may substitute state certification/registration for the PTCB.
- Specialty or retail pharmacy industry experience, previous reimbursement experience, and/or working in a health plan/health care setting.
- Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications, as well as MS Office Product Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
- Pharmacy technician experience in prescription entry, picking, labeling and preparing medication orders for pharmacist verification and maintaining pharmacy records.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you