Pharmacy Technician II, MTM
Middletown RI 02842
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the coordination of the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program. It requires extensive knowledge of medications, conditions and knowledge of MTM services. Additional responsibilities include communications with pharmacists, interns, and other MTM related providers.
- Work with the MTM team to ensure outbound calls are being made and provide support to the pharmacists and pharmacy interns performing MTM outreach.
- Ensure the team is compliant with CMS requirements, HIPAA, and Fraud Waste and Abuse.
- Review patient and physician communications to ensure accuracy in spelling and grammar.
- Print and mail communications to patients and/or physicians.
- Audit the MTM process to ensure all documentation is appropriate and CMS compliant.
- Communicate effectively with the Clinical Pharmacy Team to address any ongoing issues or problems.
- Coordinate with the software vendors when completing various tasks.
- Answer incoming phone calls and checking MTM voicemail and direct the message to the appropriate person.
- Assemble welcome packets for MTM and mailing them out in a timely manner.
- Assist with other projects or assignments as requested.
- Ensure tasks and manuals are up-to-date for all MTM employees.
- Assist with training of rotation students
- Other related duties and projects, as assigned.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacy Technician II, MTM
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/8/2019
Date Requisition Created2/28/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
2+ years experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Self-sufficient, able to keep on task independently.
- Works well in a team or individually.
- Will ask questions/for help if needed.
- Quick and efficient learner.
- Detailed oriented.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you