Junior Military Personnel Specialist
Fort Polk LA 71459 Fed 1716 3rd St.
Job DescriptionProvides administrative support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives.
- Serves as professional customer service specialist and achieves customer satisfaction by delivering military HR services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Possesses skill-level 2 technical proficiency across a variety of military human resources (HR) functional areas.
- May serve as Team Leader for an MPD work center.
- Coordinates with supported unit administrative personnel, unit commanders, and other installation service providers.
- Conducts detailed briefings and counsels Soldiers and Family Members in groups or individually on detailed HR procedures.
- Performs as HR specialist within military HR work centers that may include Personnel Records, Information Systems and Automation Support, In & Out Processing, DEERS/Identification Card Management, Soldier Readiness Processing, Soldier Actions, Promotion Processing, Reassignment Processing, Casualty and Line of Duty Management, Administrative Services (including Official Mail and Distribution), Transition Processing, and Retirement Services.
- Demonstrates intermediate-level knowledge of related HQDA governing directives, HR personnel policies, and installation-level operating procedures.
- Researches records, policy, directives, regulations and/or other military historical documents to verify accuracy of records or determine benefits eligibility.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Exercises creativity and latitude in executing delivery of HR services.
- Collects workload and performance information using quality control metrics.
- Monitors customer satisfaction levels obtained via the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) System.
- Conducts informal, verbal counseling as required and provides input to the Program Manager regarding employee duty performance.
- Employees may be assigned job duties in and reasonably related to their assigned position description.
- The Union agrees to work with the Company to update position job descriptions if contract requirements change.
General Job Information
TitleJunior Military Personnel Specialist
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/30/2019
Date Requisition Created4/30/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredNotary Public - Valid in State - Enterprise
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Requires 1-2 years of experience in U.S. military Human Resources
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.