Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Care Coordinator who resides in Martinsville, Floyd County or Patrick County, Virginia. This Care Coordinator will support members with Serious Mental Illness.
This position is regionally/locally based and conducts home visits with members to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communication with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual’s needs and preferences. For members, contact shall be at a frequency of at least every 90 days, even if the member requests less frequent contact.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member’s physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleCare Coordinator, Serious Mental Illness
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/30/2019
Date Requisition Created4/26/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required), Bachelors: Human Services (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHP - Licensed Mental Health Professional - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in either Human Services, Healthcare or related field.
- Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician.
- Must have at least 1+ years of clinical experience working directly with individuals who meet the Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) target population criteria.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”