Senior Care Manager - RN
Brooklyn NY 11201
Job DescriptionLANGUAGES: Spanish, Chinese & Bengali preferred, but all bilingual candidates considered
Responsible for the assessment, reassessment, care planning and coordination of care and services. Includes ongoing monitoring of an appropriate and effective person centered care plan, member education and care management. Regularly communicates with the member?s PCP and other providers, and integrates the member, caregiver and other provider feedback into the assessment and planning. Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced Care Managers.
- Ensures continuity of care for newly enrolled members.
- Identifies and prioritizes the member?s needs and preferences. Develops quantifiable goals and desired outcomes, and promotes the member?s ability to self-manage to the greatest extent possible.
- Develops, implements and monitors the Person Centered Service Plan, assisting members in obtaining reasonable accommodations when appropriate.
- Manages case load, including risk stratification of members, monitoring reassessment needs and facilitating transitions of care settings.
- Serves as the primary point of member contact. Assesses member needs, manages care and services, and ensures effective communication among members, caregivers, providers and community supports.
- As the lead of the interdisciplinary team, facilitates the activities and communication within an interdisciplinary team of providers, vendors, facilities, discharge planners, field nurses, social workers, care coordinators, and member/caregivers to effectively manage care plans and transitions of care settings.
- Maintains timely, complete and accurate documentation using both hard copy and technology based solutions in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- Gathers and summarizes data for reports.
- Supports initiatives of the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Committee.
- All other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Care Manager - RN
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/14/2018
Date Requisition Created9/14/2018
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - PreferredCCM - Certified Case Manager - Care Mgmt, CCP - Chronic Care Professional - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMinimum 5 years clinical experience with focus in managed care, including disease or case management.Home Care, Long-Term Care, MLTC experience preferred, including appropriate support services in the community and accessing and using durable medical equipment (DME). Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management a plus. Bi or multilingual ability preferred.Understands and is able to apply principals of Care Management and Person Centered Service Planning. Ability to apply Milliman Care Guidelines and other applicable, evidenced-based clinical guidelines. Ability to understand and apply coverage guidelines and benefit limitations. Familiar with clinical needs and disease processes for chronic physical and behavioral illnesses (depression, challenging behaviors, Alzheimer?s disease and other disease-related dementias). Understands and adapts appropriately to issues related to communication, cognitive or other barriers. Ability to lead an interdisciplinary care team. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects in a timely manner. Comfortable with conducting home visits and commuting within the service area.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”