Licensed Care Coordinator
Job DescriptionProvides care coordination to members with behavioral health conditions identified and assessed as requiring intensive interventions and oversight including multiple, clinical, social and community resources. This role promotes the appropriate use of clinical and financial resources in order to improve the quality of care and member satisfaction.
- Conducting in depth health risk assessment and/or comprehensive needs assessment which includes, but is not limited to psycho-social, physical, medical, behavioral, environmental, and financial parameters.
- Communicating and developing the treatment plan for authorization of services, and serves as point of contact to ensure services are rendered appropriately, (i.e. during transition to home care, back up plans, community based services).
- Implementing, coordinating, and monitoring strategies for members and families to improve health and quality of life outcomes. Develops, documents and implements plan which provides appropriate resources to address social, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and supportive needs. Acts as an advocate for member's care needs by identifying and addressing gaps in care. Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness. Measures the effectiveness of interventions as identified in the members care plan
- Assesses and reviews plan of care regularly to identify gaps in care, trends to improve health and quality of life outcomes; collects clinical path variance data that indicates potential areas for improvement of case and services provided; works with members and the interdisciplinary care plan team to adjust plan of care, when necessary.
- Educating providers, supporting staff, members and families regarding care coordination role and health strategies with a focus on member-focused approach to care. Facilitates a team approach to the coordination and cost effective delivery to quality care and services.
- Facilitates a team approach, including the Interdisciplinary Care Plan team (ICPT), to ensure appropriate interventions, cost effective delivery of quality care and services across the continuum. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care plan team which may include member, caregivers, member's legal representative, physician, care providers, and ancillary support services to address care issues, specific member needs and disease processes whether, medical, behavioral, social, community based or long term care services. Utilizes licensed care coordination staff as appropriate for complex cases.
- Provides assistance to members with questions and concerns regarding care, providers or delivery system.
- Maintains professional relationship with external stakeholders, such as inpatient, outpatient and community resources.
- Generates reports in accordance with care coordination goals.
- Complies with Case management Society of America Standards for Case Management Practice and with CCMC code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers.
- Assists with orientation and mentoring of new team members as appropriate.
Education: Master's level independently licensed behavioral health professional.
Experience: 5 plus years post degree behavioral health experience.
License: Ability to be credentialed through Magellan Health for independently licensed behavioral health professional.
General Job Information
TitleLicensed Care Coordinator
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/22/2019
Date Requisition Created4/22/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other, LISW - Licensed Independent Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Care Mgmt, PSY - Psychologist - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
- Solid understanding of behavioral health diagnoses.
Minimum 5 years clinical behavioral health experience required
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”