Compliance Officer - Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn NY 11201
Job DescriptionResponsible for the development, implementation, oversight and administration of business unit specific compliance program(s). This position also serves as the primary contact for compliance communications for Magellan. The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring overall compliance with all pharmacy-related activities and programs. Promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the mission, commitment, and core values of the organization and those required by federal and state law.
- Develops, implements and oversees business unit compliance program
- Serves as the primary compliance contact and is responsible for ensuring overall compliance with compliance requirements
- Coordinates implementation of system-wide programs, policies, and procedures to ensure system compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Responsible for organizational compliance with transmittals, HPMS notices, required applications and submissions. Maintains HPMS information, as appropriate
- Implements, and maintains a system for confidential reporting and investigation of compliance concerns with an appropriate response process.
- Builds a risk-based compliance monitoring program, including a system for identification of compliance issues as well as tracking, remediation and documentation of such issues
- Coordinates with legal counsel in response to identified compliance questions, concerns, or federal/state inquires or investigations.
- Directs efforts to communicate compliance programs, including written materials and training programs designed specifically to promote understanding of compliance issues, laws and regulations, and consequences of non-compliance
- In coordination with legal counsel, maintains awareness of laws and regulations, keeping abreast of current changes that may affect health care systems.
- Reviews reported issues, concerns, or questions relative to compliance matters. Provides consultative leadership and support to all entities as appropriate. Includes close coordination with all levels of management throughout the Company
- Develops, implements, oversees a monitoring program to monitor internal processes and external entities for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and program guidance
- Produces and analyzes routine and ad hoc operational monitoring reports; provides regulatory and operational subject matter expertise, for analysis of policy and interpretation, testing monitoring and adherence to requirements
- Supports the development of regulatory and operational business requirements for ?best practice? implementation of applicable state and federal laws and CMS rules and regulations
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and maintenance of audit controls and measurements for internal and external processes; ensuring correct processes are in place for accurate, complete, and compliant programs across the system including First Tier, Downstream and Related entities (FDRs).
- Works cross-functionally to ensure identified non-compliance is remediated
- Communicates to and works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors, the Corporate Compliance Officer and in-house Legal counsel.
- Prepares monthly and/or quarterly compliance summaries for the organizations leadership, as outlined above, as well as the Compliance Committee
- Ensures that disciplinary action is conducted in an appropriate and uniform manner.
- Provides guidance as needed on Magellan's Medicare Advantage First Tier Entity Compliance Programs.
General Job Information
TitleCompliance Officer - Brooklyn, NY
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/22/2019
Date Requisition Created4/22/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Healthcare software and word processing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement systems; federal, state, and payer-specific regulations.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively represent company and program interests to government regulators.
- Demonstrates personal traits of a high level of integrity, team orientation, professionalism, and trustworthiness.
- Places a high value on ethical standards and treating others with dignity and respect.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you