Senior Director, Manufacturer Contracting
Job DescriptionThe Sr Dir, Manufacturer Contracting, initiates, negotiates, and executes contracts and agreements with pharmaceutical manufacturers. Requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment. Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. Will drive strategic initiatives with the pharmaceutical manufacturers and ensure that the alignment of departmental objectives is congruent with the overall contracting and business strategy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Hold direct account responsibilities for manufacturers and play a large role in maintaining and growing manufacturer relationships.
- Development of manufacturer strategy, account relationship management and direct accountability for rebate contracting with the manufacturer.
- Drives complex contract negotiations and successful completion of contracts, primarily focused on the management of pharmacy budgets related to manufacturers.
- Handle development and management of multiple manufacturer relationships to include direct contact with key decision makers.
- Provides effective operations management, ensures that all contracts are within required guidelines and financial parameters, and maintains current provider data within payment systems.
- Applies economic and strategic planning models to all endeavors in your region in order to align business, process, and operational principles with area-specific goals.
- Communicates and develop internal and external C-Suite level relationships.
- Communicates contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement rates to manufacturers.
- Analyzes financial impact of contracts and terms.
- Maintains contracts and documentation within a tracking system.
- Assists with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs.
- Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Provides expert consultation in organizational contracting methodologies and reimbursement methodologies, reimbursement coding, and network configurations and analysis for provider databases to internal, vendor and customer claims systems.
- Establishes internal and external department communications.
- Submits monthly reports timely, meets projects deadlines, and provides timely follow-up to internal and external customers.
- Monitors and reports key metrics of department performance for productivity and quality, as appropriate.
- Prepares and oversees National Contracting departmental budget.
- Establishes productivity (reasonable expectations for performance and turnaround times) and quality standards and tools to measure functional and workflow outcomes for new program implementations with respect to provider activities.
- Maintains and meets productivity and performance standards for all activities for successful program execution.
- Assures the establishment and application of a systematic model for the preparation of network administration, privileging and provider loads.
- Evaluates productivity and performance reports and data for the purposes of reporting, providing employee feedback and determining changes necessary to improve performance.
- Ensures process changes are developed when necessary, training is provided, processes are implemented and results support department success.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director, Manufacturer Contracting
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/17/2019
Date Requisition Created4/17/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
10+ years business development and marketing experience, preferably with large, complex manufacturer contracts.Ability to develop strategic marketing plans, set and monitor associated budgets, and track results to plan. Experience setting priorities for, and managing, a sales team across various lines of business lines. Established track record of profitable revenue-bearing account closures. Strong negotiation skills. Experience working with prospects and customers to package, price, present and close business in line with company priorities. Established contacts and relationships with potential target customers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.